Opening Hours & Prices
Archaeological Park of Ostia Antica
Open: Monday to Friday
Closed: on Saturdays and on Sundays, 1st January, 25th December
- 8.30AM – 4.30PM (25th October - 28th (or 29th) February, last entrance at 3.30PM);
- 8.30AM – 5.15PM (1st March - 31st March, last entrance at 4.15PM);
- 8.30AM – 7.00PM (1st April – 30th September, last entrance at 6.00PM);
- 8.30AM - 6.30PM (1st October - 24th October, last entrance at 5.30PM).
The Ticket desk closes one hour before the Park closing time.
THE OSTIENSE MUSEUM IS CLOSED
Adults: € 12
Reduced: € 2 (EU citizens between 18 and 25)
Annual Ticket: € 25 (free access to the Archaeological Park of Ostia Antica and temporary exhibitions, valid for one year as of date of issue).
Click here to know about free and reduced admission
Free admission to the Archeological area of Ostia Antica is provided for EU students groups, accompanied by their teachers, showing at the ticket desk an official letter - containing the list of partecipants - signed by the head teacher. Reservation is not required.
THE VISIT TO DE DECORATED HOUSES IS SUSPENDED
Some of Ostia’s decorated houses are open to public and can be visited on Sunday morning (meeting point in front of the Museum at 10.30) upon reservation only, with no extra-fees:
- Casa di Diana,
- Insula di Giove e Ganimede
- Insula delle Pareti Gialle
To book your visit at the 'decorated houses' please submit your request to:
A reservation will only be considered valid if you have received confirmation.
The request should include:
- In the mail object: “APERTURE CASE DECORATE DEL”, following the desired day of visit
- Group number (up to 10 people)
- All visitors’ last name and first name
- Group coordinator’s last name, first name and phone number
Large luggage, suitcases, cabin bags, strollers and umbrellas are not allowed to the Decorated Houses. Dogs are not allowed in.
Imperial Harbours of Claudius and Trajan
Opening hours from February 11th
- on Thursdays, on Fridays from 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM (last entrance 3.30 PM)
- on the first and on the third Wednesday of the month from 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM (last entrance 3.30 PM)
Closed on 1st January, 1st May, 25th December, 26th December.
Entrance: via Portuense 2360, Fiumicino (RM), under the Via dell’Aeroporto di Fiumicino viaduct.
+39 06 6529445
Navigare il territorio
The area will also be open from April to July and from September to November, Thursday to Sunday with the cooperation of “Navigare il territorio”: more info about guided tours and workshops on www.navigareilterritorio.it
Necropolis of Porto
Opening hours from February 18th: on the first and on the third Thursday of the month and on the first and on the third Friday of the month from 10.00 AM to 4.00 PM
Closed 1st January, 1st May, 25th December.
Entrance: main gate in via Monte Spinoncia 52; from via dell’Aeroporto di Fiumicino, turn on the right to via Cima Cristallo, then turn on the left to via Pal Piccolo.
Staff will welcome visitors and provide general info about the site.
Julius II Castle