#iorestoacasa (#stayhome) - Ostia antica archeological park comes to your house
Ostia antica archeological park is closed, but it is virtually open and we can keep in touch with all of you.
Here you can find new digital contents, videos and insights about conferences and hexibitions. If you can not come to Ostia, Ostia can come into your houses.
On this page you can navigate a lot of digital contents concerning Ostia antica park activity of the last years. In this way you can enjoy the archeological park by staying safely at home.
'Vediamoci a Ostia antica' (Let's meet in Ostia antica) - videos of the conferences
Click on the following button to see videos of the conferences 'Vediamoci a Ostia antica' (available only in Italian).
The following videos show the conferences about Ostia, archeological themes and its local area:
- Grano, vino, olio, pesce: dal Mediterraneo a Roma, passando per Ostia (Wheat, wine, oil, fish: from Mediterranean Sea to Rome, going through Ostia) curated by Claudia Tempesta and Giorgio Rizzo
- Le strutture sepolte fuori Porta Marina. Indagini tecnologiche e nuove ipotesi (The interred structures in the area of Porta Marina. Technological studies and new hypothesis) curated by Marcello Turci
- Le forme dell'acqua. Il sistema idraulico di Ostia (The shapes of the water. The hydraulic system in Ostia antica) curated by Elettra Santucci and Silvia Calvigioni
- Il porto degli imperatori a cura di Cinzia Morelli (The port of the Emperors) curated by Renato Sebastiani and Simon Keay
- Ostia tardoantica. Il lusso in tempo di crisi (Late Antique Ostia. Luxury at the times of crisis) curated by Carlo Pavolini
- Dal Nilo al Tevere. Il culto di Iside in Egitto e a Ostia (From the Nile to the Tiber. The cult of Isis in Egypt and in Ostia) curated by Christian Greco and Mariarosaria Barbera
The following videos show the most successful conferences:
- Che spettacolo! Gladiatori e anfiteatri nel mondo romano (What a performance! Gladiators and amphitheatre in ancient Roman world) curated by Rossella Rea and Cinzia Vismara
- Souvenir dall'impero. Ostia racconta le province romane (Souvenir from the Empire. Ostia tales the Roman district) curated by Sergio Rinaldi Tufi
- Archeologia subacquea. La storia di Roma riemerge dal Mediterraneo (Underwater archeology. The history of Rome reappears from the Mediterranean Sea) curated by Roberto Petriaggi
- Mostrare l'arte classica: ricerca, narrazione, allestimento (curated by Salvatore Settis
- Biografia degli oggetti, il dialogo fra egittologia e scienza curated by Christian Greco
Eppur si espone (And yet it is exposed) - videos curated by Ostia antica park archeologists
Click on the following button and navigate the insights and the videos of the exhibitions realized in 2019 in Ostiense Museum.
The exhibitions 'And yet it is exposed' focused the attention of the public on artifacts usually preserved inside Ostiense Museum's warehouses. The following video is an introduction to the event:
Click on the following button to discover the new virtual section, dedicated to insights about artifacts, masterpieces and monuments of Ostia and Portus. This section is continually updated! Come back soon to discover more and more tales. (Avalaible only Italian version)
The archeological excavation of a cinerary urn, the investigation of the paintings in the Sacellum of the Silvano, the activities of kids and guys during the courses 'Alternanza scuola-lavoro', artworks coming back to Ostiense Museum from a temporary exhibition, the backstage of the exhibition 'Le immagini del tempo' at Fiumicino Airport: the following digital contents make you discover the activities taking place in the Ostia antica archeological park.
- The archeological excavation of a cinerary urn
- The investigation of the paintings in the Sacellum of the Silvano
- 'Alternanza scuola-lavoro' in the Ostia antica archeological park
- Artworks coming back to Ostiense Museum from a temporary exhibition
- Backstage of the exhibition 'Le immagini del tempo'
- The recovery of a sarcophagus in Ostia antica
The Director of the Ostia antica archeological park, Mariarosaria Barbera, takes us to visit the Horrea Epagathiana, one of the most important monuments in Ostia antica, involved in a relevant project of musealization